How Was It Developed?
• Tim Berners-Lee proposed and prototyped ENQUIRE
• This is a system for CERN researchers for sharing documents
• Tim wrote a memo proposing internet based hyper-text systems
• Berner’s Lee then specified HTML and wrote the software and browser in late 1990
• Later in 1990, Lee and CERN data systems engineer Robert Cailliau collaborated on a joint request for funding
• Unfortunately, the project was not formally invented by CERN he listed some areas where hypertext is used.
• HTML tags is the first document in publicly available description called HTML tags
The Development of HTML Table
Tim Berners-Lee invents HTML 1.0 1991
Not many developers are creating websites at this time 1993
HTML 2.0 is published containing the features of HTML 1.0 plus new features 1995
This was the standard markup language for creating and designing websites Until 1997
HTML 3.0 invented 1997
Dave Raggett introduced fresh draft on HTML – it was developed consisting of new features 1997
Powerful features showed slower results because of further improvements 1997
Widely used HTML 4.0 comes out 1997
HTML 5.0 version was released and used worldwide 2014
Three Main Parts of HTML and Web Development
1. An opening tag will start with < > symbol
2. Content – short instructions on how to display on-page element
3. A closing tag which ends with < / > symbol
|It is widely adopted with a large amount of resources available||Lacks dynamic functionality for static web pages|
|Functionable on every browser||Coupons are used separately even if they use consistent elements|
|Easy to adapt||The browsers behaviour is unpredictable because of updates|
|Has clean and consistent source code|
|Open-source platforms is free for everyone|
|Capable of being integrated with other backend programming languages|
Commonly Used Tags
|<h1> to <h6>||Defines HTML headings|
|<p>||Defines a paragraph|
|<table>||Defines a table|
|<ol>||Defines an ordered list|
|<ul>||Defines an unordered list|
|<abbr>||Defines an abbreviation or acronym|
|<article>||Defines an article|
|<b>||Defines bold texts|
|<a>||Defines a hyperlink|
Features of HTML 5
Initially a standard language was used for designing and creating websites and then a new version HTML 5 was introduced. There was constant trial and error functioning of html web page development going on until this latest version.
- The new feature supports audio and video controls by using <audio> and <video> tags.
- There are new graphical elements showing vector and graphics tags
- Enriched semantic content including <header> <footer> <article> <section> <figure>
- The user can grab a object and drag it further dropping it into a new section
- A geographical location can be located for a client
- SQL databases will store offline data
- Creative shapes can be made like triangle, rectangle, circle, etc
- Incorrect syntax can be handled
- Doctype declaration can be done easily i.e. <!doctype html>
HTML and Web Development Types
When we browse through the internet, all we look for is the things that we need. If we browse through a bookstore, we look for the book that we have pre-decided to purchase. There are hidden coding languages that you will rarely think about but it’s the backbone of a website. A web developer’s task is to understand and implement the scientific techniques that look mesmerising.
Front – end Web Development
Back – end Web Development
Back – end web development is a server-side structuring of database, building database, scripting and architecture. This is a stage where web developers use for communications with database information that is implemented through coding. The most common example is reading the article that you read from your favourite website. The look and feel of that web page includes fonts, colours and designs necessary for front-end developers. The rendering of the article is fetched from a server-fetched database.
We have given you a hint of what exactly is the use of HTML in the development world. HTML is more complicated with the latest set of elements because of the updates. Anyone who grasps the basics of a concept is a good start for the web development journey. The developer has good tools to make business decisions for new identities. HTML usage is wide – spread with multimedia that encompasses all means of communication. So, go ahead and create the best web page design using HTML language.